Yes, I have a case of back to school blues—and I’m not even teaching anymore! I might be one of the
few only moms out there who doesn’t want school to start. I love my kids being home with me all day and seeing them play outside all day–it’s so stress free!
My husband jokes and says–so why don’t you just home school them—he must have forgotten that I
am was a PUBLIC school teacher! I want my kids to leave and go to school, maybe I just don’t want them to grow up!
I’m one of those anal people who has to make a list for everything–big decision, I make a list of pros and cons–and I have to write it on paper (preferably a college-ruled notebook with a medium point blue pen)—even though I have an Iphone, I still write everything down on paper (I even have a paper calendar/planner in my purse).
So I think I need to remind myself of what it’s like to be a stay-at-home mom during the school year.
- Work out schedule: I no longer have to wake up before the birds to make it to the early morning CrossFit class. I can actually go to class after the kids get on the bus.
- Runs: I can go outside for every run, and I can go anytime during the school day. I can even run wherever I want–I don’t have to stay close to home.
- Shopping: I will be able to run into the grocery store and not have to ransack my purse for quarters for those silly machines in the foyer….no more high bounce balls and diamond rings getting lost all over my car
- Cleaning: Once I clean the house, it should say clean until the bus shows up! I won’t have to worry about grass being brought in from the backyard or water being spilled when they “get it myself.”
- Food: I won’t be feeding the whole neighborhood all day, so maybe I won’t have to drop $300 every time I go to Costco. You know what’s funny, some neighborhood kids tell me they can’t eat my sandwiches because they don’t eat “brown bread”. Well, sorry guess you’re outta luck here!
I won’t even go to the “Cons”. I’m just one of those moms who LOVE when the kids are home…I look forward to “No School Days”, snow days, even fog delays! I remember when my kids were born and people would tell me, “Enjoy them. They grow up so quickly,” it’s true. I can’t believe my first born will be in his last year of elementary school, my daughter is already in second grade, and my baby is going to first grade! Might be time to get another puppy
Another mastiff perhaps??